Salads. Something I love, but tend not to eat a lot of. I’m not really sure why, but salads do not end up on my meal plan as much as I’d like them too – and I’m the one making the dang plan!
Sometimes I feel like salads are so much better when other people make them, but since I decided to plant kale, arugula AND butter lettuce in the garden this year, it’s time I get to eating more salad.
As you guys know I’m obsessed with Joe’s BBQ Sauce, which I talked about when I made my BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Noodle Bake, so any chance I get to use it, I do, and it was fantastic when cooked onto some fresh shrimp!
The mandarin oranges gave the salad the sweet, citrusy kick it needed, and infused nicely with the BBQ flavor.
I didn’t end up putting dressing on it when I ate it, and I would recommend if you do, that you use something light like a balsamic vinegar. The feta, orange and BBQ flavors stand out nicely, and I fear a rich, creamy dressing would weigh the salad down.
I’m getting ready to head into a busy weekend with friends and family, but have some fun new recipes coming at you next week!
Tell me, what is your favorite fruit to add to salads?
Serves 1 bowl
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 1/2 lbs. shrimp, deshelled
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and seperated
- 1 c. feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 c. butter lettuce, chopped
- In a large skillet hit the BBQ sauce over medium heat. Once hot, put the shrimp in, flipping after 5 minutes. Cook for another 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Divide the lettuce into two bowls.
- Divide the oranges, feta, and red onion between the two bowls. Top with shrimp.
- Add the dressing of your choice (See note). Enjoy!
The nutritional value of this recipe does not include dressing. If tracking your nutrients, please remember to add any dressing you use onto this nutritional value.