I know what you’re thinking. Caramel Apple Nachos? What? You read that right. Not only are they caramel apple nachos, but they’re in a bowl – and everything tastes better in a bowl!
It’s caramel apple season, and this is such a fun dessert for both adults and kiddos, and you could even customize these bowls however you’d like, but stick with me because I have a pretty darn good combination going on here for these dessert nachos.
The tart flavor of green apples compliments the sweet flavors of the chocolate and caramel. The salty and crunchiness of the pretzels and peanuts rounds out all the flavors and textures for the perfect flavor combination.
If you’re throwing a party you could add more topping options like chopped up Twix and Butterfingers, switch up the chocolate chips for hot fudge, or even add fruit. I don’t have kids, but I think a ‘build your own Caramel Apple Nacho Bowls’ idea would be pretty well-liked by kids at a sleepover or birthday party (and you could sneak in the fruit for some healthy toppings!).
If you didn’t see my last post Creative Life Explored has refined it’s focus! I am now focusing exclusively on bowl meals, and I could be more excited, passionate, and driven to take this niche of recipes to the next level. I have so many exciting things coming up, and I can’t wait to take this journey and create some really great meals!
As a quick side note, I am currently on vacation in Asheville, NC, returning on October 18. You’ll continue to see new recipes posted while I’m gone a recap of my trip shortly afterwards, but in the meantime you can find me not only here on the blog, but also on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, and be sure to subscribe to the blog to stay up-to-date on the latest recipes!
Yields 2 Bowls
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 green apples
- 3/4 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1 c. pretzels, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c. caramel sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp. lightly salted peanuts, divided
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Slice the green apples into bite sized pieces and place half of the apples into each bowl.
- Sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips in each bowl and place bowls on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Once the chocolate is melted, drizzle the caramel onto each bowl.
- Top with pretzels and peanuts. Enjoy!