Ground turkey lettuce wraps are one of my easy, go-to recipes that I love making when I either don’t feel like cooking or I don’t have a lot of time.
The dilemma I always face is that sometimes ‘fast’ doesn’t mean ‘healthy’, and we end up making meal choices that aren’t good for us because we feel like we’re in a pinch for time.
I am starting to see changes in my mindset when it comes to this, but I’m definitely not perfect. My ‘ugh I don’t feel like making dinner’ go-to is still grabbing a Papa Murphy’s pizza, but I’ve been forcing myself to say ‘no, you have plenty of fruits and vegetables and good carbs at home to make a perfectly healthy and filling meal.’ It hasn’t been easy, but I’m working on it. I still don’t believe in restricting yourself from certain foods, and I prefer to strive for a healthy, balanced diet rather than adhering to strict dietary rules.
But enough about that – let’s talk about these e-a-s-y Cashew Turkey Lettuce Wrap Bowls! Seriously, they are so good, and so darn easy to make you’ll finish cooking and go ‘that’s it? I’m done?’
We eat a lot of bowl meals around our house and have been increasingly eating more and more. Bowl meals are so easy! Whether you plan out a fun bowl meal with a theme or you put together fun combinations based on what is in your fridge and pantry, the healthy possibilities are endless!
This bowl was a bit more thought out; I knew I wanted to do a lettuce wrap theme; something full of flavor that I could easily scoop out of the bowl and into the wrap. No mess and you won’t have multiple dishes to do!
The sweet chili sauce and peanut butter is the key to this. You don’t need a lot of this flavorful sauce, but it’s so tasty and easy to combine in a pinch.
As a final note, if you didn’t see my previous post I am proudly a new Inspiralized Brand Ambassador, and have this custom link that you can purchase the Inspiralizer with! My link will take you right to the Inspiralized Shop where you can purchase the Inspiralizer – it’s that easy, and you’ll be able to start turning vegetables and fruits into noodles, and have some really fun and healthy recipes to make!
Serves 2 wraps
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 full leaves of butter lettuce
- 3/4 c. shredded carrots
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 c. lightly salted cashews
- 1 tbsp. fresh ground ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1/2 c. Thai sweet chili sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large saute pan with non-stick spray and cook the ground turkey with the fresh ground ginger, salt and pepper.
- Cook the ground turkey and drain any excess juice. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat until oil is hot and shimmering. Add in the yellow onion and shredded carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add the ground turkey into the wok with the vegetables and stir to combine.
- In two bowls divide the ground turkey and vegetable mixture.
- In a small bowl combine the peanut butter and sweet chili sauce. Put a side of the sauce in each bowl.
- Add a half of the cashews to each bowl.
- Scoop mixture from your bowls into lettuce wraps and enjoy!