Hello Sunday! I hope you’re all enjoying this last day of the weekend and preparing for a great week ahead. Me? I’m recovering. From an amazingly fun weekend, but recovering. I’m only a couple weeks shy of turning 34 and found that after 30 my ability to bounce back from a fun-filled weekend isn’t quite the same.
I have one more get together this evening and then I will collapse into my little corner of the couch with my furry Pottery Barn blanket and sweatpants and catch up with Netflix while ignoring everything in the world. It’s going to be glorious.
This weekend brought ugly sweaters, holiday cheer, parties, friends, games, laughing until my sides hurt and so so so much wine. I’m quite sure I need a gallon of water and straw in order to rehydrate and maybe even then that wouldn’t be enough. But it’s all worth it when you have amazing friends and much to laugh about and be thankful for.
I can’t believe that next weekend is Christmas already (if you celebrate Christmas, of course). We have three days of family celebrations then the new year is quick upon us. I’m setting my 2017 goals and will be sharing them with you guys so you can help keep me accountable. Stay tuned!
If you had a busy weekend like I did and are looking for an easy bowl meal to make than these Chicken, Rice & Broccoli Bowls with Cheesy Sour Cream Sauce are going to be exactly what you need.
First off, they are easy. E-A-S-Y. You literally dice up chicken and cook it for 10 minutes, cook up a serving of instant rice, then saute the broccoli. Add it all together into bowls and spend 5-10 minutes making the easiest cheesy sour cream sauce.
It’s that easy and full of flavor. You can make this quick 30 minute bowl meal and curl up in your corner of the couch with your favorite sweatpants and enjoy your Sunday evening.
On a side note, if you’re like me and weren’t into the whole line thing for Black Friday but want some good deals then check out my 2016 Holiday Gift Guide. I have gifts for the host/hostess in your life, stocking stuffer ideas, cookbooks, practical kitchen gadgets and big ticket items; plenty of gift ideas at affordable price points for the foodie, home cook or chef in your life! Plus I’m still getting emails from all of my favorite shops still giving me discounts. Maybe they’re not Cyber Monday discounts, but everything still seems to be on some sort of sale.
I hope you enjoy this dish, and I’d love to hear what you think if you try it! You can find me not only here on the blog, but also on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, and be sure to subscribe to the blog to stay up-to-date on the latest recipes!
Yields 2 bowls
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 2 c. broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp. olive oil + 1 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. salt + 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. pepper + 1 tsp. pepper, divided
- 2 c. brown rice, cooked
- 3 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1.5 c. almond milk
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- In a large saute pan heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the chicken, 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of pepper. Cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pan, place in a large bowl, and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil in the same pan, then add the broccoli florets and remaining 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of pepper. Saute the broccoli for 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the broccoli to the bowl with the chicken, then add the cooked rice. Stir together and cover to keep warm.
- To make the sauce heat the milk in a large sauce pan over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Slowly add in the cheese, stirring constantly until it melts.
- Add in the sour cream, stirring constantly to combine and heat, then add in the garlic salt and pepper.
- Once the sauce is creamy and heated remove from heat.
- Divide the chicken, broccoli and rice between two bowls, then add the cheesy sour cream sauce over top. Enjoy!
NOTE: This post does contain Amazon Affiliate links.