It’s a miracle that I had any of these crunchy peanut butter banana bites left to photograph. A damn miracle. I of course always test my food before sharing it on here, and these bites? Well they got me. They suckered this salty food preferring woman right in. Hook, line and sinker.
They’re so easy to make, and at only 51 calories per bite, you can enjoy that amazing peanut butter/chocolate taste without all of the calories you’d get if you had a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, or something similar.
I used the same Trader Joe’s peanut butter that I used when I made my Peanut Butter & Mixed Berry FroYo Bites, so my banana bites were packed with crunchiness and super foods. Here is the PB that I’m loving right now:
I used Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips for mine because I think they melt exceptionally well, but you could definitely mix up flavors and use a butterscotch, dark chocolate, or even a white chocolate would be great.
I would recommend that you let them thaw for maybe 5-10 minutes before eating them when you take them out the fridge, but maybe that’s just me and my love for melty chocolate + my sensitive-prone teeth. If you’re into that super cold and frozen taste, have at it!
These bites take virtually no time to make and are great to have in a Ziplock bag, ready to eat in your freezer when that sweets craving strikes!
Serves 3 bites
10 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 bananas
- 3/4 c. milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Slice the ends off of each banana and throw away (or eat!), then slice each banana into 12 slices, for a total of 24 slices.
- Spoon a little peanut button on top, then dip each bite into the melted chocolate so they cover half the bite.
- Place each bite on the baking sheet, then freeze for 2 hours.
- Once frozen, transfer the bites to a ziplock bag and each when that sweets craving hits! Enjoy!