Bacon cheeseburgers. There’s no doubt about it – they’re delicious. And riddled with calories, carbs and fat! However, when you break down a bacon cheeseburger into a deconstructed bowl you can thoughtfully pay attention to each ingredient to create a bacon cheeseburger bowl that is low calorie, low carb AND low fat!
I hope you all had a great weekend! We went up to visit friends in Stillwater, Minnesota, which is this beautiful, picturesque town. They have a beautiful lake house and invited a group up to bike around for the weekend.
When we got back, I definitely needed to counteract the alcohol and calories consumed, and this bowl was the perfect meal to feel like I was eating something naughty, when I was really eating something healthy.
Bacon cheeseburgers are fun because you can customize them any way you want. I wanted to keep this bowl healthier so I used a 90% lean hamburger and turkey bacon. Ground turkey would go great as well and help you eliminate the red meat if that’s something you’re concerned about.
Deconstructed bowls allow you to break down your ingredients one by one, helping you make thoughtful and healthy choices when putting together your meal.
Also, eliminating the bun gives you a great low carb option for this bowl. You’ll find that you didn’t even miss the bread!
What are your favorite toppings to put on your burgers?
Serves 1 bowl
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 6 strips turkey bacon, cooked
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 c. dill pickle slices, chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saute pan, cook the ground beef with the garlic powder, salt and pepper seasonings. When finished, divide between the two bowls.
- Put half of the tomatoes and 3 strips of bacon in each bowl.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar onto each bowl and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Add the dill pickle and enjoy!