You’ve almost made it to the weekend, friends! Whether your plans include watching football, picking apples or playing in leaves I hope you have lots of fun things in store. We’ve been taking it easy since returning from vacation. It feels like we’ve been on-the-go for the last 3 months and it’s nice to just take some time to relax and enjoy being at home.
I’ve started work on my new mini recipe e-book I’m so excited to move from the writing phase to the cooking phase. Believe me, these recipes are going to be delicious! I’m aiming for a late November/early December release, and this recipe book will be available for FREE, and only to subscribers, so if you haven’t subscribed to Creative Life Explored yet, then I’d love for you to enter your email at the top (or in the right-hand menu) of this page and make sure that you have access to this awesome e-book, as well as to each new bowl meal recipe as it comes out!
Part of coming back from vacation and lying low has been being healthy for Dylan and I. We indulged on vacation, and truth be told we indulged a little before leaving as well. Pizza and wine are my vices, and craft beer is his.
We both knew we needed to clean our diets up and have been on doing well the whole 8 days we’ve been home. Hey, you gotta start somewhere!
This Lemon-Dill Shrimp & Broccoli Bowl is the perfect easy, healthy and delicious bowl that you can make any weekend or weeknight. You’re looking at around 30 minutes cook time total and relatively few ingredients.
The lemon-dill sauce is really the key here. It’s a testament to how flavorful you can make your food simply by using great herbs and spices. I love a good, rich sauce just as much as the next person, but my waistline doesn’t always agree. Lemon is one of my favorite flavors, and when combined with the tangy red wine vinegar it has a nice, sharp, light, crisp flavor.
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe, as well as if you made any changes (i.e. salmon instead of shrimp)? Also, remember to let me know if you have any bowl meal recipes you’d like to see at Creative Life Explored!
Yields 2 bowls
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 20 shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. salt + 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. pepper + 1 tsp. pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 c. brown rice, cooked
- 2 c. broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil + 1 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- OPTIONAL GARNISH: Fresh dill
- Make the lemon-dill dressing by combining the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, dill, basil, red pepper flakes, 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Set aside.
- Next, begin making the rice and while water is coming to a boil you will simultaneously cook the shrimp and broccoli.
- Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil to a medium skillet and heat over medium-high heat until the oil is hot and shimmering. Add the broccoli, 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. of pepper. Saute for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender-crisp.
- While the broccoli is cooking put the remaining 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet and heat until the oil is hot and shimmering. Add the shrimp and garlic, and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until the shrimp is heated and cooked through.
- When the shrimp is done cooking stir the broccoli and brown rice into the skillet, mixing together.
- Add the lemon-dill sauce and toss to cover.
- Scoop half the mixture into each bowl and enjoy!