Hello friends! I’m so excited to bring you this new and healthy recipe, Egg & Edamame Zucchini Noodle Bowls! I’ve just returned from vacation in Florida and The Bahamas (see Part 1 of my travels here) and am hitting the ground running with healthy new recipes that I can’t wait to share with you guys!
As you may know from a previous post I’ve been working on a series of mini recipe books for the great folks that created the Hold & Go Slow Cooker. Working on that project and working full time has unfortunately been the reason that my posting here has been inconsistent. No excuses, just honesty. Working full time meant that the recipe books had to be my priority, but as that chapter comes to a close, I’m excited to get back on track with regular posting and some fun new things like my new travel section!
Let’s circle back around though to this zucchini noodle recipe. So we just got back from vacation on Sunday evening and did the official post-vacation weigh in on Monday. I gained a grand total of……3 pounds! Not too shabby for an unlimited drink package and food for days. Dylan? Well, he was somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-8 pounds gained, so we were both ready to get back on track with our healthy eating.
I had actually created this recipe a month or so ago and couldn’t wait to try it once I got through all of slow cooker food we’ve been eating during the cooking/tasting phase of the project. This was easy, light, and the perfect recipe for a weekday as we got back into the swing of regular life.
I packed this recipe with veggies and quite honestly, could have put more in. While the zucchini noodles are the star of the show, the other veggies are what made this protein-packed bowl full of flavor.
The eggs help keep you filled, while the low-sodium soy sauce bring just a dash of perfectly balanced extra flavor that is light on the veggies (and your waistline) and doesn’t weigh down the dish. If you don’t have a spiralizer (buy one!), you can definitely chop up your veggies and make a bowl as well.
Coming in at under 500 calories and under 30 minutes to make, this dish is a great addition to your summer meal lineup that will leave you feeling full, happy and satisfied!
Serves 1 bowls
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1 c. frozen edamame, cooked and shelled
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized blade B
- 2 c. red cabbage, chopped or spiralized blade B
- 1 c. cashews
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 1 c. snap peas
- 1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- In a large saute pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the zucchini noodles and toss for 2 minutes, or until the noodles just start to soften.
- Add the red cabbage and shredded carrots and toss with the zucchini noodles for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the scrambled eggs, edamame and snap peas, tossing for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the soy sauce, stirring to combine. Remove noodles from heat.
- Toss in the cashews, and divide into 4 bowls. Enjoy!