One of the things I most look forward to during the weekends is making breakfast. I typically commit to only one day, but that morning is always great, healthy eating. I am working on doing better about eating breakfast during the week; I know it’s good for you and boosts metabolism, but I have traditionally been terrible about making breakfast a habit.
I’m happy to say that finally, it’s starting to become habit as I am focusing on meal prepping breakfast for the week on Sunday’s, but the great thing about weekend breakfast is that you can really dive in. You don’t have to get ready for work, you can just put on your comfiest sweatpants, make a big cup of coffee, and go to town on cooking a great breakfast.
That is what I had planned for this last Sunday, and a great breakfast it was. I had leftover crispy sweet potato “fries” from the night before that I knew would go great in this breakfast bowl, and this Everything Bagel Spice mixture is seriously burning a hole in my kitchen counter – I can’t stop putting it on everything. I have a link to it below because seriously, you should check it out.
The great thing about a breakfast bowl is that you can really make it however you want. If you’re looking to stay healthier, be sure you load up on healthy meats – seriously guys, turkey breakfast sausage tastes just like regular and is so much healthier for you. If you’re watching your carbs, just eliminate the potatoes. Be creative, and most importantly, have fun!
COMMENT BELOW: What is your favorite breakfast to make on the weekends?
Products used in this recipe:
2 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- One egg
- Two slices of turkey bacon
- .33 lb turkey sausage
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 sweet potato
- Everything Bagel spice mixture
- Cook sweet potato to your preference (I had seasoned sweet potato strings I had roasted the night before).
- Get out two medium skillets and one small skillet.
- In one of the medium skillets begin cooking the turkey breakfast sausage.
- In the other medium skillet begin cooking the bacon.
- In the small skillet crack and egg and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook the egg to your preference.
- Once everything is cooked add it to a big bowl, slice and scoop the avocado into the bowl.
- Season with the Everything Bagel Spice mixture. Enjoy!
- Low calorie
- Low carb/Atkins