Tuesday! We’re making it through the week, folks, and I am still on my “fall foods” kick. My better half and I keep going back and forth with being sick. I started with a sore throat a week ago and that moved into a cold/cough. I thought I’d kicked it but it came back around this weekend. And just as I was getting better yesterday, he caught everything I had and is now miserable. BUT despite it all, we both have kept our appetite’s. To be honest, if I don’t have an appetite then you know that I am really down for the count. A little cold and congestion generally won’t stop me from eating.
We went with a real meat and potatoes dish for dinner last night; I saw red potatoes at some point and have had them in the back of my mind for awhile now. I also haven’t made any butternut squash this season yet – and it’s already mid-November, so it was overdue.
This dish is so easy. Just diced, toss and roast. A perfect fall side dish!
What is your favorite fall side dish?
Link to Lawry’s seasoning used in recipe:
Garlic Herb-Roasted Butternut Squash & Red Potatoes
- 8 red potatoes, diced into bite size pieces
- One medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 2 tbsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. Lawry’s seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a big mixing bowl put the diced red potatoes and butternut squash. Add the olive oil and mix around to coat the potatoes and squash.
- Add all of the seasonings and shake the bowl to coat everything.
- Spread out on an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.