We all have busy days; days when we don’t feel like cooking. But you don’t necessarily want to get yet another takeout pizza, and that’s where slow cookers come in handy! One of the most versatile things you can do with your slow cooker is throw some chicken or pork in, and use it in any number of meals.
These Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are such a fun and easy way to have a delicious meal with little to no effort.
Starting with crushed pineapple and your favorite spices, you simply rub the spices onto the pork roast, set the roast over the pineapple, and pour your favorite BBQ sauce over top. I highly recommend Oklahoma Joe’s, which I talked about when I made my BBQ & Sweet Potato Noodle Bake. Seriously, we buy the stuff by the gallon!
Let the pork cook in your slow cooker all day, then stir it all together, blending the BBQ and pineapple flavors together.
You’ll find that the pork will be nice and tender, and will shred easily for you.
Finish with your favorite toppings – I personally recommend this Champagne Dill Mustard, as well as pickles – and enjoy!
What is your favorite slow cooker meal to make?
Products used in this recipe:
Serves 1 sandwich + bun
10 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 10 Total Time
- 3-4 lbs. pork roast
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 13 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 1 1/3 c. BBQ sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- Spray your slow cooker with a non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, then rub the spice mixture on the pork roast.
- Add the can of crushed pineapple, juice included, into the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the roast on top of the pineapple in your Hold & Go Slow Cooker.
- Pour the BBQ sauce on top of the pork roast.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, checking at the 7 hour mark. Your pulled pork will be ready when you easily shred the pork with two forks.
- Mix the shredded pork in with all BBQ and pineapple. Serve on a bun and enjoy!