Quinoa. If you like eating healthy and are into brown rice, then quinoa should definitely be your jam! We’re talking skill level = Minute Rice. It’s so easy and a great side you can cook and throw together for your meal.
I personally use Bob’s Red Mill products and love them. Their quinoa is my go-to, along with all their flours and sugars. But regardless of what brand of quinoa you buy, how you cook it will remain the same.
It’s as simple as remembering the 1:2 ratio of quinoa:liquid. You combine them together, bring to a boil, cover then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
I love using chicken or vegetable broth for a little extra flavor, or I’ll throw in a dash of salt and pepper and 1/2 tbsp. of butter after it’s cooked. Whether you mix it into a salad or stir-fry, or use it for a bed for a nice piece of chicken or salmon, quinoa is so easy to make and such a healthy side that you can add to your plate during those busy weeknights!
If you’ve missed and of the previous cooking tips and techniques you can visit an archive of them here, or go directly to them:
- How to Burst Cherry Tomatoes
- How to Grill Corn on the Cob
- How to Toast Walnuts
- How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
- How to Zest Lemons & Limes
PRODUCTS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
1 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
- 1 c. uncooked quinoa
- 2 c. liquid (i.e. water, chicken broth, vegetable broth, etc.)
- In a medium saucepan mix the quinoa and liquid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy!