Cozy meals are the best, like this roasted pork loin, for example. They make you want to snuggle in on a cold night and read a book or do some good Netflix binging.
The thing about cozy meals though, is that it’s really easy to load up the calories, and quick. Sometimes that’s okay. Sometimes you just need a pan of homemade lasagna and you don’t care about the calories, the carbs, the fat or the sugar’s. I think life is too short to not indulge once and a while, but for me, I have to watch the indulging. It goes straight to my waistline.
And since we’re still on the ‘new year, new you’ healthy kick, I wanted to make a cozy meal that was healthy and packaged with veggies. I’m still struggling with cravings since it’s only been a week that we’ve been back from our vacation where I just ate and drank whatever I wanted. My body keeps trying to trick my mind into believing it’s hungry, so veggies are the perfect foods to load up on and not care about how much I eat.
In addition, I am a BIG advocate of balsamic vinegar. I love the flavor and can put it on anything – salads, meats, veggies. It’s healthy and adds tremendous flavor without the added calories that many sauces can bring.
This roasted pork loin and veggies turns into an easy one-pan meal. Other than the skillet you need to brown the pork loin before roasting it, your clean-up will be minimal. Also, you can simultaneously brown the pork loin while roasting the veggies, cutting down on your cook time (and allowing for more time to continue your Netflix binging).
For more options on roasting veggies, check out my recipe for Garlic Rosemary Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans & Onions with a Maple Glaze!
Enjoy this healthy one-pan meal for your next family dinner, and tell me more about what your favorite vegetables are to roast!
COMMENT BELOW: What are you favorite vegetables to roast?
Serves 4 oz.
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- One 16 oz. pork loin
- 24 oz. of baby carrots
- One medium red onion, roughly chopped
- One large butternut squash, peeled and diced into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 c. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Rub the pork loin with the spice mixture.
- In a saute pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the pork loin on each side for approximately 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- While you're browning the pork loin, toss the vegetables in a large bowl with the remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Once combined, put the vegetables in a 9x13 dish and roast for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, add the pork loin to the vegetables. Roast both the pork loin and vegetables for an additional 10 minutes.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar and fresh thyme together.
- Remove the pork loin and vegetables and drizzle the balsamic, followed by the crumbled blue cheese.