Everyone always goes for the salmon, the tuna, the cod, the mahi, but one commonly overlooked fish that tastes fantastic is tilapia. Light and easy, tilapia is a great fish for those who are a little nervous about seafood, or as those people like to say “I don’t like when it tastes fishy.”
This dish is so easy to make. With only six ingredients, you’re looking at 15 minutes from start to finish, with minimal prep beforehand.
The mayo and chili powder combination provides an easy and light combination to give the fish a little flavor, and if you like spicy feel free to sprinkle some red pepper flakes on before broiling.
Spicy Tilapia Over Roasted Green Onion & Parmesan Corn
- Four tilapia fillets
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 c. Miracle Whip
- Four ears of corn, corn cut off the cob
- 1/2 c. green onion, diced
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- Turn the broiler on high in your oven, and move the rack to the top of the oven.
- In a bowl, mix the Miracle Whip and chili powder together
- Lie the tilapia fillets out on an ungreased baking sheet and spread the mayo/chili powder mixture on top of the fillets.
- Broil for 5-8 minutes, checking to make sure that the fish is flakey and cooked through, but not over cooked and dry.
- While the fish is broiling, put the corn in a pan with the grated parmesan and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until the cheese melts.
- Add the green onion when the corn is almost done cooking.
- Put the corn on a plate and top with the broiled tilapia. Enjoy!