If anyone ever tells you you have to have a campfire to have a s’more, they’re a lying liar. You can recreate all of the fun of s’mores from the comfort of your house without ever taking off your sweatpants (which is purrrrrfect for winter because s’mores by campfires are pretty awesome).
This recipe is perfect for both adults and kids alike. Sometimes you just wanna have fun and throw some sprinkles on stuff and be a really big kid, and this recipe allows you do to so (or borrow your friends kids so you can justify doing kid like-thangz like I sometimes do (thanks, Erin!) 🙂 )
I used semi-sweet Hershey Chocolate chips, but I think using butterscotch, mint chocolate, or even the Reeses chocolate chips would be great too – let’s be honest, you can’t go wrong with that PB/chocolate flavor combo.
You could even add crushed candy bars instead of sprinkles, which makes me wonder what if you threw a Kit Kat into your traditional s’more instead of a Hershey’s bar…..hmm…..
On a side note, I am currently in Fort Collins enjoying the long Labor Day weekend. I’ll be returning on Monday and recapping my trip for my second installment of Creative Life Travels. If you haven’t seen my first trip, I went to The Bahamas and then Universal Studios in June – check them out and get caught up before reading about my Colorado adventure!
Serves 1 dip
15 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 15 Total Time
- 12 graham crackers (I used low-fat honey)
- 1 c. chocolate chips, melted
- Sprinkles and marshmallows!
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate chips.
- Dip each piece of graham cracker into the chocolate and lay on the parchment paper.
- Decorate with marshmallows and sprinkles.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for approximately 2 hours to harden. Enjoy!
The nutritional information does not include the sprinkles, marshmallows, or any other toppings you use.